Rules and Regulations
To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must have a current CWB Customer number. Employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to participate in the Contest . This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER.
The hockey pool begins April 30 and ends on the night of the final game of 2013 (NHL Playoff Season) at 11:59 PM. The entry period ends on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 6 pm CT (Winnipeg time).
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. All Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Multiple Entries by the same
person or from the same e-mail address or from the same person from different e-mail addresses in one day shall result in disqualification. All Entries must be submitted no
later than the end of the Entry Period. All Entries become the property of CWB and will not be returned. Entries will only be accepted online. Incomplete, late or garbled Entries
will be disqualified. No Entries will be accepted by any other means, including but not limited to regular postal mail.
3. WINNER SELECTION:
- After the Final game of the 2013 Playoff season, the Potential Prize Winner(s) will be selectedbased on the highest earned value of his/her team (Value = goals (1 point) + assists (1 point) from all participating pool contestants. Odds of winning depend on the number of contestants and the actual performance of NHL hockey players during the 2013 Playoff Season. Potential Prize Winners will be required to comply with all the Contest Rules. The prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. In the event of a tie, the participant with the most team goals will be declared the winner. If Total points plus Goals fails to determine a winner, the winner will be determined by random drawing.
- THE SELECTED WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PHONE or EMAIL AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the Potential Winners must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification. If the Potential Winner does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules or the Potential Winner does not comply with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another Winner will be selected. CWB is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of selected Winner to receive notification or for CWB to receive selected Winner's response.
- The potential Winners will be required to sign an agreement and release confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the prize as offered and (i) releasing CWB and its employees directors, and officers from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this Contest (ii) granting CWB the unrestricted rights to publish without any further compensation the name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice and ideas of that entrant for advertising and promotional purposes. The agreement and release must be returned within two business days of the notification date indicated on the documents or the selected entrant may be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
CWB reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute any and all of the prizes for prizes of equal or greater value should all or part of a prize become unavailable for any reason. CWB will be handling prize distribution.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- All Entries become property of CWB upon receipt and will not be returned and no correspondence will be entered into except with selected Entrants.
- Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are incomplete, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
6. INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANTS.
By entering the Contest, Entrant: (a) releases and holds harmless CWB and its directors, officers, and employees from any and all liability and (b) agrees to fully indemnify CWB and its directors, officers, and employees from any and all claims by third parties without limitation.
By entering this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website throughout the Contest. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. CWB reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Web site, or any CWB Web site; (b) violating the Contest Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any CWB property or service, or (d) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CWB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THE USER'S ACCOUNT, IF ANY, AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
CWB assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release documents or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry). CWB is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Contest. CWB assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. CWB is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. CWB is not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of CWB or the administrators which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, CWB reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
9. ONLINE ACCOUNT HOLDER INFORMATION:
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the CWB Customer number, submitted at the time of entry. Selected Entrants may be requested to provide CWB with proof that they are the authorized account holder of an e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
These are the official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors.
Sponsors reserve the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.
No purchase necessary. Only one valid registration per contestant will be allowed.
You must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry to be eligible for this contest. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to notification.
This contest is officially sponsored by CWB.